Tips for Signing and Returning Listing Documents
Please note that it is not our intention to restrict you or “lock you in” to any contract. We view the listing contract and disclosures as formalities required by law, designed to clarify the responsibilities of each party involved. We aim to keep language straight-forward and avoid legal jargon when possible. By the nature of this service, you are free to pursue a new marketing strategy including switching to a full service Realtor at any time.
- Please ensure that all legal owners of the property sign the documents.
- Listing forms are most compatible with Adobe Reader .pdf software, available for free download at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- The fillable portions of the forms are generally NOT compatible with tablets or smartphones.
Returning Forms - Electronic Signature Option
- Type information into each form field. Click File->Save As to save the completed form. E-mail the saved form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An electronic signature option is provided for your convenience. This allows you to complete the forms without the need for printing, scanning, etc.
- Click in the signature box and follow the instructions that pop up to complete your electronic signature. For further information, you may find this video useful: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x/how-to-digitally-sign-a-document-with-adobe-reader/.
- You may also find an app like SignNow useful, which allows you to open a .pdf document from your smartphone e-mail, add a signature, then e-mail the file.
Returning Forms - Ink Signature Option
- To return forms after providing an ink signature, please scan or photograph the forms and e-mail them to email@example.com.
- A smartphone camera offers sufficient quality to double as a scanner. You can use the phone’s built-in camera, or may find an app like GeniusScan useful for cropping and e-mailing a .pdf file of your scanned documents.
- You can also fax your documents to 877-893-6566.